Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Top Ten Books for Toddlers

Part of our nighttime routine with my 2 1/2 year old is to read a few books.  When we started this routine we had a handful of books to select from for our nightly ritual.  Going to the library to explore some more options - I discovered the seemingly endless supply of children's books to choose from. 

Honestly I was a little overwhelmed with the multitude of children's books - not being well versed in children's literature I was not sure where to start...

I jumped into the books and started selecting some that seemed to catch my eye.  Having checked out a fraction of books in the children's section of my local library, we have found some favorites and some not so favorites.  Here are 10 of our favorites to read:

  1. Pug In A Truck by Nancy Coffelt
  2. You Can Do Anything Daddy by Michael Rex
  3. How I Became A Pirate by Melinda Long and David Shannon
  4. ABC by Dr. Seuss
  5. Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss
  6. My Big Rig by Jonathan London
  7. The Best Nest by P.D. Eastman
  8. It's Not Easy Being A Bunny by Marilyn Sadler
  9. The Color Kittens by Margaret Wise Brown
  10. Corduroy by Don Freeman
What are some of your favorite children's books?  Share them here...we love taking new adventures in books!

No comments:

Post a Comment