Saturday, November 3, 2012

Quick Adjustment as Daylight Savings Time Ends

Daylight Savings Time officially ends tonight.  Before children, this was my favorite two days of the year.  The extra hour of sleep was so very lovely!

As parents know, children don't always let us sleep later just because it is the weekend or just because the clock is turning back an hour.

For some children the adjustment of this one hour is very difficult.  As a working mom, I have needed my children to adjust rather quickly to daylight savings time beginning and ending.

I have found the best method to getting infants to adjust in about 24 hours is to adjust in 15 minute increments.

Tomorrow will look like this for my children:

Saturday, 11/3 Schedule             Sunday, 11/4 Schedule
7 am Breakfast                                  6:15 am Breakfast
10:30 am Nap                                   9:45 am Nap
12 pm Lunch                                    11:45 am Lunch
2 pm Nap                                          2 pm Nap
4 pm Snack                                       4 pm Snack
5:30 pm Dinner                                  5:30 pm Dinner
7 pm Bed                                           7 pm Bed

This way when Monday rolls around, my 1 year old is adjusted to the time change.
I have found that this has worked twice a year since 2010 with both my children.
Enjoy your extra hour if you are able – you deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment